- Spring awakens just in time for Conservancy construction in Madison Square Park
- More Conservancy Commercialism
- The Mission of Madison Square Park Conservancy As Cultural Institution or Park Caretaker?
- Madison Square Parks Sells Out to Pimp Anything For Money. Park For Profit , Loud Sound Systems in Madison Square Park. Windows Phone Time Machine
- Democratic Ideal of Park for All Gives Way to VIP Areas.
Mission of Madison S… on Madison Square Parks Sells Out… savas on Union Square Blog with Similar… Mark on Union Square Blog with Similar… cat on “No engine idling”… scottstaffin on US Open Tennis back on the big…
Monthly Archives: September 2010
Madison Square Park Seasonal Market Encroaches on the Park.
There are so many reasons why the Madison Square Park Seasonal Market is wrong. First the name makes it seem like a produce market which it is not. It is composed of vendors selling mostly the same things you can … Continue reading
Park as quiet place in a busy city? No. Park as Event Space
At what point does the park benefit from money generated verses the daily intrusion of park as FOR RENT EVENT SPACE. Money generated may pay for the art, gardening, music events, etc. But at a price. More fork lifts, generators, … Continue reading
Shake Shack $$$: Bad for City Parks?
In 2009 Shake Shack collected revenues of $4.9 million; $220,256 of that went to the city and $348,389 to the park. Concessions in other parks pay as much as 20 percent of their take to the city, but not [owner Danny] Meyer, whose company adds to its profits by catering private parties in the park for $15,000 an hour. When Meyer opened his fast-food stand, he was the director and co-founder of the Madison Square Park Conservancy, the nonprofit that oversees the public park.
American Express & US Open Damage the Park
They prefer commerce over contemplation. Continue reading